ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robertseymour
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Sigma SD15
May 17, 2013

Hi Chaps,

I currently have a DP1x and looking to upgrade, and there seem to be a few deals on the SD15 at the moment.

I want something with a bit more flexibility so a DSLR seems a good option, as I was a little limited with the DP1x on a recent trip to the Peak District:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoopsontoast/sets/72157633403223603/

It would have been nice to have something a bit wider angle for the landscapes and also 50-70mm equivalent for detail/portrait shots. Also something physically heavier as it was windy up there and some camera shake appeared.

I can get a Sigma refurbished SD15 from a local dealer (where I got my DP1x) and its just down the road, so support will be no problem but only 1yr Warranty. Its £359.

I can get a brand new one from a local shop for £599 (2yr Warranty).

Amazon.de have a new one for £300+ Delivery but unknown company.

I was looking at the new Merrill cameras but not sure I would use the extra resolution, as I have printed A2 from the DP1x which came out really well!

I would look at keeping the DP1x as 28mm equivalent and getting a wider lens for the SD15 as well as possibly the 30mm f1.4 (50mm Equivalent) then later a wider wide angle too. I had the 30mm f1.4 on a KM 5D previously and loved it bokeh and colours but lacked sharpness, the new model may be better?

robertseymour's gear list:robertseymour's gear list
Sigma DP1x Sigma DP3 Merrill Pentax K-01 +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Pentax K-m (K2000) Sigma DP1x Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow