* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 264, 13 05 15 *

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
JuhaF
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
Re: Coach's Corner.
In reply to Geoy, May 17, 2013

Thank's for the link Geoy, it was a good speech and is confirming exactly what I tried to say also.  I totally agree with you about learning team spirit and other social skills, but some of this they should already learn at school, too. What Don Lucia told about his youth is exactly what I meant. You need skates, club, puck and helmet and of course ice and nothing else to learn playing hockey. It is pity that all sports for kids are today similar kind of "equipment sports" as with adults. It costs a lot for the parents. There are many boys whose parents/single parent just can´t afford the cost (ice time, clothing, club fee etc.). Fortunately there are other games (soccer, basket ball etc.) which are cheaper and easier to play also in backyards.

As for the camera gear, when I studied in technical high school we lived 4 years with my wife in a 2 room apartment in an old wooden house. No shower only cold water tap. At that time I had money only for a Russian SLR film camera, Zenit (which I still have in closet) and some cheap lenses. That is how I learned the basic skills of photographing. We had no extra money, but that was one of the best time periods in my life. So learning the skills you don't need the latest, fanciest gear.

Juha

JuhaF's gear list:JuhaF's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow