Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timj351
Senior MemberPosts: 1,799
Like?
Vacation camera advice
May 16, 2013

In July I will be going to Toronto for a vacation with my family and I'm trying to decide which camera or cameras to take. I know this is mainly a personal choice but maybe some of you have some thoughts or considerations that I haven't thought of. My three cameras that I am deciding among are an FZ200, an LX7 and a tiny FP8. The FZ200 is obviously the most versatile and will allow me to take virtually any shot I want but it is not as good indoors as the LX7, though still decent, and it I might be annoying to carry it continuously. The LX7 will have the best quality, particularly indoors but the FL is limited to 90mm. I have a belt case for it but it is still big enough to not completely disappear when I want to do some activities other than photography. It is such a cool and capable camera though. Then there is the little FP8 that I have had for several years and absolutely love because it disappears into any pocket so easily. It is mainly an outdoor camera and has no raw ability but it still has surprisingly good IQ for such a small camera. I don't have a smart phone so that is not an option and would not want to use one over the FP8. I'm never in a big hurry to share my photos with the world anyway.

So there you have it. Do you have any opinions or suggestions for me? My other concern is what to do with FZ200 on the plane. I would probably feel the need to keep it with me on a carry-on so it doesn't get stolen by baggage handlers.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have. I realize I might be over thinking this which I tend to do.

-Tim

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow