Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,980Gear list
Like?
New Tricks for an Old Dog
May 16, 2013

In less than 24 hours, I made 2 significant changes. The first was getting an evf for my 5R. Thanks, Tom 2572 and Pi Lover for giving me the impetus to buy one. B&H didn't have any available for a while but I checked again the other day and they had one in stock. It arrived yesterday and I've been having fun with it; it's a vary useful accessory. I'll probably not go back to using the lcd for composing photos, at least with legacy/mf lenses. So thanks, guys!

The second change was getting contact lenses. My optometrist ordered a trial set for me and I picked them up this morning. I put them in and I love the distance vision. Apparently, they're not intended for close-up tasks and I'll still need reading (magnifying) glasses. Since I don't have any yet, I'll apologize in advance for any spelling errors. But the contacts do work fine with the evf so I'm a happy camper.

Here are a couple of back yard shots with the evf. The first proves my skill at shooting static birds.  The one of my dog is a bit blown out but I still like it; I don't think I noticed that I had previously set ec to +.7.

DW

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7000 NEX5R
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow