Which single lens to take to a family wedding?

Started May 12, 2013 | Questions thread
joejack951
Senior MemberPosts: 2,448Gear list
Like?
Re: Which single lens to take to a family wedding?
In reply to nathantw, May 16, 2013

nathantw wrote:

joejack951 wrote:

nathantw wrote:

The SB-900 sucked the big one with it overheating so often. I had to go to the SB-600 too often.

I'm not surprised the hired pro wasn't taking all that many photos if you were out there overheating flashes as he's trying to work. Perhaps you weren't getting in his way as much as I'm imagining but don't you think that's a bit over the top when you aren't actually working the wedding?

Nah, it was all good. He wasn't anywhere near where I was when I was overheating my units. Also, if he was near me and I saw him taking pictures I'd stop or leave the room. The reason was that he was there for a purpose and I didn't want to intrude on him. For example, the cake cutting, I made sure I wasn't anywhere near him, but close enough that I could see and get one or two shots. I got heads in the way, he didn't. Besides, it was my brother's wedding so I was going to capture the things I knew were important to him. As it was, I got the pictures they wanted. Never got a thank you from them, but that's a different story.

I had to laugh at your last comment because I've lost track of how many automotive, bicycle, or computer repairs I've done for people and received similar levels of "thanks."

joejack951's gear list:joejack951's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow