Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Simon Joinson
dpreview AdminPosts: 4,422Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax Brand Not Featured in Gear Shop
In reply to John_A_G, May 16, 2013

John_A_G wrote:

Simon Joinson wrote:

And in reply to a point made further down - we are not selling direct, it's a different company with a different team. We will continue to review Pentax cameras - it makes no difference to the editorial team whether the store sells it or not, and we still make the bulk of our revenue from advertising and affiliate links to other retailers.

Simon

Simon - perception IS reality.  Your editorial staff already gets attacked for bias.

Yes they do. Without basis or consistency (we are usually simultaneously biased for and against pretty much everyone, pretty much all the time, if you read all the comments and posts)

Now there is something people can latch onto for a reason.  You can say all you want that they are two completely different companies and editorial will not be influenced in any way, shape or form by sales - but people won't believe it.  Hard to say what the business impact is of that - but I think credibility will be hurt.

i think the key point here is that there are some who simply refuse to accept that our editorial staff might have principles or integrity, and for them everything we do is evidence of shadowy influences or hidden agendas. As always, I invite anyone to pick our conclusions to pieces, to highlight errors in our methodology and to show any actual evidence that we have any agenda beyond really enjoying playing with, testing and writing about cameras. Let me worry about the 'business impact'.

SJ

-- hide signature --

Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief
dpreview.com
connect.dpreview.com

Simon Joinson's gear list:Simon Joinson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow