'Bresson' brand focusing screens

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
carlvalle com
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: 'Bresson' brand focusing screens
In reply to Mssimo, May 16, 2013

I just put one of these - horizontal split screen  into my d800e. I was not as displeased as the OP was with his. I agree with the OP's basic complaints, just not to the same degree. I'm keeping it in there for now. I did check it with a 50 1.4 wide open, and it is exactly correct and much more accurate than the >O< lights. It does not have an effect on the exposure even when checked with the spot metering function on the center point. My opinion may change if i eventually find a higher quality version. I had  'Cat-Eye' in my D200 and liked it very much, this Bresson screen seems to compare with the D200 Cat-Eye screen nicely, but the viewfinders are so different and it may not be so forgiving on a DX viewfinder such as the OP. I think it is worth the few bucks to give it a try if you want a split screen - too bad it is kind of difficult to swap them out, wish the D800 had the F3's waist level etc. but i guess these cameras are to electronical to allow that level of modularity.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow