Olympus SP-800uz conflicting settings!!!

Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
spytrek007
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Olympus SP-800uz conflicting settings!!!
May 16, 2013

I currently own an olympus sp-800uz which is supposed to be a 14MP camera. However in the settings,  by default fine zoom is turned to off. So when the camera is set at 14MP and you try to turn fine zoom to on, it comes up with the warning "conflicting settings" that displays on the screen. However when i set the camera to takes photos at 8MP, there is no problem there.

Pixel size for panorama is fixed at 2MP except in manual setting. Fine zoom is not available for this mode in any setting. Could these settings be fixed or changed?

Also panorama mode is very poor when it stitches the images together. Photoshop can do a better job. However the new olympus cameras boasts smart panorama like in the olympus 820uz or even in the tough range such as the TG-630. Is there a significant amount of improvement with the new smart panorama mode?

Overall i think this is a good camera mainly to use for general purpose, family day out etc. How different is this compared to the new 820uz?

I am considering the canon sx50.

spytrek007's gear list:spytrek007's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 600D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow