Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Barry Margolius
Senior MemberPosts: 1,522
Like?
Re: Thanks
In reply to Glen Barrington, May 16, 2013

Glen Barrington wrote:

I got to thinking, your assumption seems to be a common one, not just about ACDSee Pro, but all the DAM products.  It seems they are all sold as 'everything you need' to one degree or another.  But clearly that isn't true.

They all need a companion editor to do the things they don't do.  Do they need Photoshop?  for most of us, probably not

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

I agree with you on this, but ACDSee marketing makes it even worse in my opinion.  They call their products ACDSee and ACDSee Pro.  To me, that "feels" like the Pro version is the same as the "regular" version but with more features.  As you have shown me, this is not true.

On the other hand, so far I'm loving ACDSee Pro.  For my modest needs, I like it better than Lightroom.  It just seems more intuitive: in fact, after using Lightroom for almost 5 years, and ACDSee Pro for about 5 days, ACDSee definitely feels more intuitive than Lightroom.

I also downloaded the trial of ACDSee 15, and it seems to be a competent photo editor.  Given the bargain price, I think I'll purchase that too, even though I "own" Photoshop CS6.

-barry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow