I need to check the calendar of Jewish holidays...

Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul Farace
Contributing MemberPosts: 735Gear list
Like?
I too was synched to Jewish holidays... BUT!
In reply to billinvegas, May 16, 2013

I too always seemed to want to buy during a Jewish holiday! But let's face it, most of us can live a day or two without our latest toy! And we can always drive to the nearest camera store and pay local taxes (most local pro-level camera stores charge about the same as the folks in Manhattan). I also think it's wonderful that in this day of secular business uber alles merchandizing a company will honor its religious convictions (that are thousands of years old!)... the same goes for Chik-fil-A (sp?)... I always seemed to have a taste for chicken sandwiches on Sunday, when they are closed. I never got mad... it's time someone reminded the mindless consumer machine that there is a higher calling (isn't that taken by a hotdog company?)...  it makes the arrival of your gear that much more wonderful.

-- hide signature --

Holding a camera, any camera, reduces my blood pressure, calms my nerves, and gives me a sense of opportunity!

Paul Farace's gear list:Paul Farace's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Fujifilm X-Pro1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow