Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nick_webster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,649
Like?
Hand holding the DP Merrills
11 months ago

I'm curious how people are finding hand holding the DP Merrills - with respect to sharpness. I have run into this problem with my NEX-7, where sharpness and detail is being lost due to my shaky hands The higher the pixel count the more this becomes an issue at the pixel level and sometimes even at normal viewing sizes - for a reference see this thread from some time ago -http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/40957418

I could only find an old post where Andrew Hodgkinson mentions this issue in passing. Is anyone else having problems or is it just my over caffeinated digits ?

I'm seriously considering one of the DPs, probably the 2, but I'm also thinking that if I can't get all the detail out of the sensor I might as well stick with my DP2s until it expires.

Just to be clear I'm not asking about how it works ergonomically, just what sort of shutter speeds can people get pixel sharp pictures hand held - and is that worse than you could manage with the non-Merrill cameras ?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Sigma DP2s Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow