Buy Leica lenses for using with my Fujifilm X-E1?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ILeicaPictures
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Buy Leica lenses for using with my Fujifilm X-E1?
11 months ago

Hello Everyone,
I would like to learn from your collective wisdom and experience.
This is perhaps a question that has been asked before, however, either owing to my poor searching skills or perhaps that such a specific question wasn't asked before, I haven't been able to find a response.
So here's my question -
Does it make sense to buy Leica lenses for using with my Fujifilm X-E1?
Some background that would help answer this question:
1. I recently bought a Fujifilm X-E1 with the 18-55mm kit. Primary reason was lesser volume and weight as compared to my 5D Mark II.
2. So far, I like the picture quality; even with the 18-55mm kit.
3. I am a hobbyist. Also, admittedly, a collector of gadgets. That said, I really love photography.
4. I really love Leica colors. There's something about them that draws me to them.
5. I am a "big picture" person. That means, not a pixel peeper. Not looking for edge to edge sharpness. Just pictures that draw me in the first time I look at them.
6. Some of the pictures that people have posted on here - especially in the Leica talk forum just make me admire the colors. Sometimes, I don't even care about the subject of the photograph. Just the color.
7. I would like to stick to the low weight and volume with this system. And so, that's the main reason I'm not that big a fan of the Fuji XF lenses or the upcoming Zeiss Touit lenses. They just appear too bulky.
8. My 100-400 will more or less sit permanently on my 5DII. I intend to use Fuji for landscape, street photography.
If you do recommend buying a Leica lens, can you please also make recommendations on what focal length would be ideal (with Fuji's crop sensor).

I am also posting this question on the Leica talk forum.

Regards,
S

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow