Tilt and shift lens with adaptor using XP1

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gaffman
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Re: Tilt and shift lens with adaptor using XP1
In reply to Rene Delbar, May 16, 2013

Rene Delbar wrote:

I am very pleased with the Kipon adapter. It is very well executed. The tilt control works as advertised  The shift control is very easy to operate, but the indicator scale can sometimes be hard to read depending on the unit's orientation (e.g. the hand grip blocks visibility). My only real concern so far is that the mechanism to rotate the lens mount over 360 degrees (with 30 degree clicks) is very stiff on my copy; maybe that will improve over time

I have the exact same issue with rotation stiffness.  Even after a few months.  It was so bad that after opening the package I contacted the eBay seller because I was sure they had shipped me a non-rotating version.  To this day I'm still only willing to turn it in one direction (clockwise looking at the front of the camera) because the other way feels certain to break my lens mount.  I also had no idea before buying that the tilt was only in one direction which kinda bummed me out but otherwise I'm happy with the build quality.

-- hide signature --

'Focus Neo...'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow