Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
richard NO
Contributing MemberPosts: 756Gear list
Like?
Re: Hiking camera?
In reply to Joyless, May 16, 2013

Joyless wrote:

richard NO wrote:

Yes it will be for short hikes only, and a camera i can take with me in any situation, i will treat it gently:)

You might want to consider some dust resistant casing for the camera. I just tossed mine in with whatever, and got what seemed like dust on the sensor after a couple of months of use. Somehow didn't think that could happen, due to it being a compact and not switching lenses...

Also, just set the camera to auto iso and program mode and forget about it, it will actually do a very good job of it. I've mine set up like that and have no complaints. I switch to aperture priority occasionally if I want more shallow DOF, but it's really limited how shallow DOF you can achieve with that camera anyway.

Thanks for the tip, Do you know at what aperture the lens is sharpest? I do mostly landscapes and use F/8 a lot, but i guess it is different on a compact that just goes to F/11.

-- hide signature --

Photography for me is not about recreating what i saw through
the viewfinder but to show people the way i want to see the world
Cheers!
Richard Larssen http://www.flickr.com/photos/uberdogleg/
-------------------

richard NO's gear list:richard NO's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow