D7000 third party grips after a few years in use ..

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OysteinNL
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
D7000 third party grips after a few years in use ..
11 months ago

I will buy a D7100 in a few weeks.

I want to add a grip to it but the steep price difference between the Nikon and third-party offerings make me doubt which one to buy.

The posts about the D7000 grips are only few recent but now it is time to evaluate the different grips after a few years of service.

How happy are you still with the third-party grips having used them in many different situations ?
Is the rubber coating still o.k. ... how about the text at the AE-L butten ?? ... etc ... etc ...

What experiences do you have with long lenses without tripod collars ( like mine Nikkor 180 2.8 ) which stress the grip more having al the weight hanging on it ?
Does the magnesium Nikon grip offer better stability here or is the reinforced plastic just as fine ?

P.S. my impression is some third-party grips for the D7100 looks identical to D7000 grips.
It would be logical for these manufacturers to take an already good design and only re-design the top plate.

OysteinNL's gear list:OysteinNL's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX +3 more
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow