Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark K W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,141
Like?
Re: Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?
In reply to Marcin 3M, May 16, 2013

Marcin 3M wrote:

Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

I believe the next version of LR (LR6) will be sold as download only, and:

1. Be sold as base LR standalone version in a perpetual one-time payment new and upgrade licence, as per LR5, LR4, etc..
  2. Be available also as some mixed model of payment and functionality. So maybe some Adobe-service cloud sync'ing of catalog and previews to allow for multiple devices to process images (maybe library limited). This version will be bundled FoC to existing Photoshop CC subscribers, but also available as just "LR CC", maybe as one-time-payment but with optional monthly cloud-sync component.

I am basing above on comments from Tom Hogarty of Adobe (Lightroom Product Manager):

Google+ hangout

The Grid

I will chose option 1 of my list above, but only after careful consideration and evaluation of where Photoshop is really headed as I use both LR4 and CS6 now in a combined workflow..

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow