OM-D E-M5 vs E-5 (build quality)

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,217Gear list
Like?
Just few points
In reply to philosomatographer, May 16, 2013

philosomatographer wrote:

The Tamron is a C-grade optic that needs stopping down to f/5.6 to even approach the resolution of the ZD 14-35 at f/2.0, and simply never reaches the contrast or colour fidelity, that's how. LOL - comparing the two is quite a funny proposition Thanks for the laugh.

Is not 14-54 what used to be Tamron? So 14-54 would be a C-grade lens just as well, or is it not so? (Hypothetically) mounting it on a high resolution full frame camera would not make any difference either, you say?

If you prefer a smooth but bland and mushy high-megapixel image, that's your business. I prefer an ultra-sharp, contrasty, vivid image at a lower resolution. With lots of PP and downscaling you could make your image look like that too, but I made a different choice.

When downsizing high resolution image to the current 12MPx size frame? - I don't think you will see much of mushiness in it, if there was any. From my observation.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm.New
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow