Tilt and shift lens with adaptor using XP1

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,168Gear list
Like?
Re: Tilt and shift lens with adaptor using XP1
In reply to baobob, May 16, 2013

Hi Bob,

I think we both participated in the earlier threads on this.   I'm a former large format man and also had TS lenses on MF SLRs.  I love movements.  It always seems to me that there's something missing if you don't have them - they offer so much.   After size, the availability of adapters like the Kipon TS adapter are the main reason for me to try mirror-less.  I just don't get why more people aren't using them.........

I'm still currently a DSLR user.  I had an order in for an XE1 and I'd even bought a few MF lenses awaiting the day........ but I withdrew it when the X100s was announced with focus peaking.  I really want to have FP to assist with using tilt for landscapes and figured it won't be too long.  I'm still waiting - I'm going to buy whenever Fuji offer a FW upgrade with FP (or the XE1s or XE2 come out - I'm pretty sure they'll offer FP with the next model.)  I've got several other cameras in the meantime, and it gives me time to really look hard at the lenses.

The Kipon T&S adapter will be the first thing I buy after the camera and zoom......FWIW, I don't think the $300+ is actually that expensive for the machining and utility you get.

I'll look forward to your posts. I'd also been considering the old Tokina 17mm, though I've wound up buying a 20mm.  Enjoy.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow