captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,695Gear list
Like?
Re: why not f/1.2 by Sony?
In reply to TiagoReil, May 16, 2013

TiagoReil wrote:

quezra wrote:

captura wrote:

Instead of concentrating on bigger f1.2/1.4 lenses, they could just make sure that OSS is installed in most of the new ones including the new Zeiss lenses. Stabilization is worth about 2 f-stops, anyhow.

Well the things OSS don't help with are DoF and shutter speed which is still necessary for fairly common objects of photography (e.g. active children).  But yes, for anything static OSS is just fine.

IF you cant get children moving with an 1.8 lens cause of speed, then you wont get them with a 1.2 too. Remember that is a stop of light, and not even that, probably it is that a 60, 70 % of a stop of light cause of the sensor problem. So with a 60%, 70%, you really think you will get those kits moving static? It is not enough. Yes, everything counts, but if you got movement at 1.8, you are still are going to get it at 1.2

I've had success in some experiments using sports/scene mode with 5R and Sigma 30 at around f4. Vehicles flashing by me on a highway and I was able to stop-action them. Now I will try the same with my 50SEL1.8 and also will try focus tracking. Lots of people have said it won't work. I am hoping to test the limits of the 5R's hybrid PDAF. (same as 6)

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
@OPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow