Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
janeenadamsmartin
Contributing MemberPosts: 616Gear list
Like?
Sharing photos with non-tech parents
May 16, 2013

My mom has Alzheimer's and we are trying to figure out a way to keep everyone connected.  I thought I could buy a digital photo frame and my sis and I could email photos to it and they would auto-magically show up when Mom pressed a button.  We would need a way to caption the photo, and envision sending photos every day - likely from cell phone.  But it looks like they would need an Internet ISP account, which might be too much for them.

So then I thought "iPad with cellular access," but I think that means figuring out email and clicking on the photo.  This is still a possibility..

Or maybe a smartphone,and sent the photos text mms/text, so they only have to press one icon to get messages?  Smart phone screen is small for aging eyes though.

Then I thought that if they had to have Internet, maybe a PC that automatically access Dropbox or some other folder FTP find the photos? photos would be the ideal way I was thinking of keeping own daily contact -- iPad text messages might be best?

Texting photos is probably the speed and casualness I had in mind ...  Anyone else figure out a good solution?

janeenadamsmartin's gear list:janeenadamsmartin's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow