Does changing technology do any good to Sony?

Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
moimoi
Senior MemberPosts: 3,129Gear list
Like?
Does changing technology do any good to Sony?
May 16, 2013

With the recent rumors, I start wondering whether changing technology does any good to Sony?

While swithcing from the "so-called" traditional flipping mirror to the "so-called" promising SLT design, Sony has not succeeded in competing with Canikon, even though their more recent products have been quite innovative.  But nothing has really changed.  Canikon are still the leaders, and by far...

Now that Sony intends to switch from SLT design (a recently added design, which will be soon abandoned) to mirrorless design, I wonder whether Sony really cared for SLT users (specially those having bough the most recent a99).  While they have praised their SLT design (even though it has never been able to compete with the up-to-date traditional mirror when it comes to ISO performance), they are basically telling us something better is about to happen, but will changing technology do any good to Sony, I start thinking it will not matter much as people will keep buying Canon and Nikon.

Time will tell, but I have less and less confidence in Sony's commitment to understand their customers.  Not sure whether Sony will be able to keep up changing designs, they are losing precious time as the others will have plenty of time to sell their own traditional systems, as it has shown it could still take fantastic photos...

Cheers,

moimoi

-- hide signature --

All harsh, impolite and/or unreasonable replies will be simply ignored.
Measurebators are out of my world, photography is not about babbling behind a computer... but rather being out of your home, shoot and share photographs with other people. Shoot and Share...Thanks.

moimoi's gear list:moimoi's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow