Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Inkjet printer any good?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,320
Like?
Re: Just got mine yesterday
In reply to digizen2000, May 15, 2013

digizen2000 wrote:

jrkliny wrote:

The "fully charged" cartridges only hold 14 ml (less than half an ounce) of ink.

That's why Canon can give out a $300 rebate - they know they're really selling ink. The printer sounds really good, but I'm going to hold out until a CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) is available.

Not for a Canon Printer. Most if not all CISS units claiming to work on a Canon Printer present nothing but problems. From cartridges losing their seal on the head to ink starvation which ultimately results on a burned out head.

The only choice at this moment is either OEM carts or waiting till an ink set becomes available ( More than like from Precision Colors who is currently in the process of producing one ), refilling the original OEM carts ( Just like the CLI-8 ) and disabling ink monitoring on each color channel as each has been reported as empty.

I HIGHLY recommend against even thinking of using ANY CISS on any PIXMA Pro or not printer.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow