Got my RX-100 today

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
DavieK
Contributing MemberPosts: 695
Like?
Re: Got my RX-100 today
In reply to richard NO, May 15, 2013

A77 - boy, this is a problem. I have not sold mine yet. I have an A99, and used this for my last photo trip. Trouble is, there's nothing like the 16-80mm CZ made for the A99 (by any maker). Also, I have a 70-400mm, and full potential of this is only realised for tele shots by using the A77. I thought I was going to sell the A77 and therefore also sold my 8-16mm Sigma, and bought a 12-24mm, so I'm kind of stuck back with full frame.

But I don't use the A77 any more mostly because after getting the RX100 I'm no longer at all happy with the results from the 77. The RX100 poses a massive question - why and how can a 20 megapixel sensor as small as this perform so much better than an APS-C 24 megapixel sensor?

It's not just Sony either, I've had a couple of weeks with the Nikon D7100 and it is marginally better than the A77 but still has a kind of native coarseness to the structure of the image. If I want to get an image as good as the RX100 at ISO 125, I have to use the D600 or A99 (both of which we have).

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow