Started May 15, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,778Gear list
Like?
Lighting gear for my Fuji S5 PRO
May 15, 2013

Hi lighting experts, it is a pleasure to be here for the very FIRST time.

I recently bought and fell in love with my Fuji S5 PRO.  I mainly shoot friends/kids/ portraits, and i am interested in buying some sort of light/flash system.  I honestly don't know anything about lighting gear so i couldn't even name a the correct part because i don't know lighting terminology, but where i work i saw that someone was taking photos of some parts and there was some sort of external yellow looking device with an umbrella behind it, and when they pressed the external trigger the flash went off. I guess i can just go to a camera shop and ask them, but i would like to know what your opinion is because i am also interested in constant lighting, not just flash, but then again like i said i have no clue how this hardware functions.

Anyway, the reason that i need your help is because i was thinking of selling my S5 and buy a modern Fuji camera, the problem is that they are pretty damm expensive, then i was thinking that everyone says that LIGHT is one of the most important things in protography, so have been saying to myself why not get some kind of lighting kit that will definitely improve my photos.  I am looking for something "portable" and small, if possible.  i mainly shoot friend's weddings and at home and outdoor parties.  I am shooting with Nikon 17-55, 35 1.8G, Rokinon 85 1.4.

Any ideas?  Thank you!

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Casio Exilim EX-S5 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow