Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alpha Jack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,423Gear list
Like?
Re: Agreed
In reply to Sunny Caribe, May 15, 2013

Sunny Caribe wrote:

You (and many on this forum) seem not consider that. True, there are many on this forum clearly upset with the new plans, but are you sure that this is indicative of failure on Adobe's part? Could it be that the majority of CS users actually like the change or are at least willing to give it a try? DPR forums are not the center of the universe and in general those that complain do so more readily and more loudly. I am not yet convinced that this will be the failure that many believe. I know a couple of users who embraced this before it was announced to be the only future. They love it. I don't count that as proof of anything though. Both of your scenarios could be true. Things change. Time will tell.

-- hide signature --

Zeiss taste...Beercan budget!

On another discussion THIS LINK was posted with some cynical observations, but I found it to be reasonable, measured, and far more well-informed than I was/am, and I thought I had a pretty decent understanding of the situation, at least by comparison to many of the hysterical views to be found here and elsewhere.  Surely there is a compromise to be found for photographers between the perceived "ransom-ware" Adobe model and those searching for a free-ware alternative.

-- hide signature --

Rick
Navigating DPR on an iPad is like trying to type with a shovel.

Yes, I saw that link, went to it and saw that it was an hour long, watched the first 10 min. of advertising and decided to watch it later. I think in the end, Adobe's plan will either work or there will be a compromise somehow. I think I have already seen something about points and/or milestone builds that could be purchased. The only thing that has my blood pressure over this is the amount of people that think they know it all and those that are calling for Gmen to step in; but it is everyone's right to complain and our choice to read the drivel or not. I really have only read a few of the threads and likely will be ignoring them again soon. I have better things to do. The only thing we all really know is what Adobe has said. The rest is at best entertainment.

-- hide signature --

Zeiss taste...Beercan budget!

Alpha Jack's gear list:Alpha Jack's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha NEX-7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow