Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sunny Caribe
Contributing MemberPosts: 501
Like?
Re: Agreed
In reply to Alpha Jack, May 15, 2013

You (and many on this forum) seem not consider that. True, there are many on this forum clearly upset with the new plans, but are you sure that this is indicative of failure on Adobe's part? Could it be that the majority of CS users actually like the change or are at least willing to give it a try? DPR forums are not the center of the universe and in general those that complain do so more readily and more loudly. I am not yet convinced that this will be the failure that many believe. I know a couple of users who embraced this before it was announced to be the only future. They love it. I don't count that as proof of anything though. Both of your scenarios could be true. Things change. Time will tell.

-- hide signature --

Zeiss taste...Beercan budget!

On another discussion THIS LINK¬†was posted with some cynical observations, but I found it to be reasonable, measured, and far more well-informed than I was/am, and I thought I had a pretty decent understanding of the situation, at least by comparison to many of the hysterical views to be found here and elsewhere. ¬†Surely there is a compromise to be found for photographers between the perceived "ransom-ware" Adobe model and those searching for a free-ware alternative.

-- hide signature --

Rick
Navigating DPR on an iPad is like trying to type with a shovel.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow