"I'm not sure I get it" - no I don't believe you do

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
djsphynx
Regular MemberPosts: 498
Like?
Re: "I'm not sure I get it" - no I don't believe you do
In reply to g_r_w, May 15, 2013

g_r_w wrote:

There are a lot of people that would exclaim that no EVF means no sale, but they're kind of forgetting that there is an ENTIRE generation of people brought up using smartphones as a camera that have no EVF and have no experience using an EVF.  It is second nature to use that big frickin' screen and hold the camera out at arms length to take a photo.

Very true, it's a great point. Also, if the target market is "this generation", wifi makes all the more sense. Shoot, transfer, edit on the phone, upload. Voila, easy workflow, better pictures that you can actually print if you really wanted it. Smartphone becomes a gateway and your edit machine. Yes, you can do that with eye-fi but then you're limited wrt GB.

That said, how many would want to supplement their smartphone with a camera this size at this price?

Guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm personally interested as I have enough DSLRs and lenses, and I can use a smaller body for intimate occasions. The thought of quickly taking pics while abroad and uploading them is really interesting actually.

-- hide signature --

http://www.roberthawara.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow