First time out with 5D III

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
DS Porter
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
Re: First time out with 5D III
In reply to biza43, May 15, 2013

biza43 wrote:

I like image #4, all the concentration of the player is visible, all the commitment. I like volleyball, my daughter plays it too. Image #5 would be a winner if the ball were visible; the expression in your daughters face is amazing. If you have access to the field sidelines, perhaps try to get a more complete set of shots, to tell the story of the game. Lets see the net, the interaction and tension between the teams, try to tell a story, more reportage style. Try to catch the expressions of the folks that are not playing, substitutes, coach...

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

I would agree with these statements. You definitely have a great tool, but now let your creativity really show it off. I try to look for emotions or shots that evoke a connection. When I first started shooting sports I only tried to get the best "action" shot or sequence, but found myself getting frustrated when I couldn't capture everything. So...I started looking for shots that "tell the story of the game" as stated above. During the next game, maybe just focus on those emotional shots and try looking for angles that establish better composition. Be sure and share some more.

Good luck!

DS Porter's gear list:DS Porter's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow