Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daisy AU
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561Gear list
Like?
Re: Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?
In reply to John1940, May 15, 2013

John1940 wrote:

Daisy AU wrote:

Marcin 3M wrote:

Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

-- hide signature --

Marcin_3M

I will never give Adobe one more of my Dollars!!  Will live with LR4 for many years and then move to Aperture or something else.

I feel much the same way about several other software packages and vendors (in other fields than photography) but not about Adobe. Strangely to many, Adobe is one of the good guys. It's all relative. Adobe may fail, and, if so, that's not unusual. I believe in competition.

I have no ties to Adobe, nor Canon, nor Sigma, nor Honda, nor Ford, nor GM, nor Samsung, nor Sony, nor to people who think that all software should be free or almost free. (If it's low in cost or free and is useful for my purposes, I'll buy it or take it, however.)

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ney_images/

John1940

Hi John,

I don't like the lack of option approach taken by Adobe, i.e. CC or nothing.  I pay for my software and as such I like to own it, not rent it.  I mainly use CNX2 anyhow, and LR for only certain things, as well as the Nik Plug-ins and DXO.

-- hide signature --
 Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow