D600 Shutter Repair Failed- I'm Still Getting Loads of Dust!!!

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
S31
S31
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
D600 Shutter Repair Failed- I'm Still Getting Loads of Dust!!!
May 15, 2013

I had my D600 shutter replaced with the socalled fix just over a month ago. Within a few days following a vacation in Rome where I put the fix to the test, I noticed lots and lots of spots around the left edge at f16-f22. I was disappointed but thought I would test more because I rarely shoot at that aperture.

However, following my latest vacation last week, I now have as many oil/dust spots as before the fix appearing even at f 4 and in the centre of my shots as well as the top left. I am really annoyed at the false promises from Nikon (and once again from senior staff) that the shutter replacement was a true fix! Honestly what is the point of a 'guarantee' if they don't fulfill it?

I will be demanding a new camera or a refund at this stage from them as it is clear that I cannot take photographs without each time having my shots ruined and that the fix is frankly not a fix at all. I do not have the time to manually remove the spots from each photo. This is just not good enough, not after months and months (since last October) that I have been speaking with senior Nikon staff sending my camera back and forth for cleaning and then the promised 'fixing'. I'm not sure if my camera is a special case but it seems to be producing more oil/dust or whatever it is than an oil well.

I was told by Nikon not to clean the camera myself but even if I were to, new spots appear almost with each use of the camera so what's the point. I know this because I have been checking each time I take the camera out, and believe me, it's not hard to see. Therefore cleaning it myself is not a solution at least for my camera as it would mean cleaning it in the field at this rate.

There really is no justification for this, plain and simple.

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow