OM-D E-M5 vs E-5 (build quality)

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
philosomatographer
Regular MemberPosts: 486Gear list
Like?
Hmm...
In reply to goblin, May 15, 2013

A very good post, delving into the merits of perceived versus actual build quality. It's good to know that the E-M5 can actually take some punishment, and simply "feels" lacking in terms of controls etc.

I second the other respondee - thanks for that. It's interesting how two cameras with such different "feel" (because it really was a revelation picking up and operating the E-5 again after the E -M5) can both be constructed so well.

My E-5 has not had an easy life so far - and has been completely dunked in seawater when a wave caught me unaware. I have not experienced any loss of paint etc on the body - still looks as good as new.

Olympus truly have great engineers when it comes to cameras - I am so glad they finally have a good source for sensors. It was so much easier for them to be truly great in the OM / film days, when that great camera and optical engineering was all that counted. But then again, so was Leica!

philosomatographer's gear list:philosomatographer's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm.New
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow