Olympus OM-D E-M5 Vs. Sony NEX-6 (or other APS-C mirrorless)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,312Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus OM-D E-M5 Vs. Sony NEX-6 (or other APS-C mirrorless)
In reply to Pierrrrrrre, 11 months ago

1) Yes, you should indeed post this on the NEX forum too. People over here are biased clearly and so are they on the NEX forum. So Combined, you get a better picture I believe.

2) No, the OMD is not worse at high ISO. From ISO 200 onwards it is identical to the NEX6 in each and every way (noise, dynamic range, colour depth and tonality). Compare both at dxomark.com

3) I think you a re forgetting about the lenses, may be also the reason why your D7000 gave you too smooth images. The mFT lenses, especially the primes and the fast zooms are all better than any NEX lens. and there are more of them too. And they are smaller and lighter in weight.

4) Ergonomics: I found the NEX6 to be excellent in my hand. I think it is a very well built body. Quite some complaints about the knobs being small and not so responsive on the OMD.

5) It seems AF of the m43 cams is still better than on the NEX. Check it out I'd say.

6) yes, all lenses are now stablized. And very good too.

7) Weathersealing could be important too.

Hope it helps!

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow