Movie Mode & Photo no more separate Picture Style?

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GuardianFlash
Senior MemberPosts: 1,418Gear list
Like?
Movie Mode & Photo no more separate Picture Style?
May 15, 2013

I have had the T2i and 60D. When I shot photos the picture style was set to standard or autumn hue. When I shot videos the picture style was on a custom flat picture style. On my SL1/100D the picture style is the same for both photo and video. If I set picture style to standard and switch to movie mode, the picture style will be standard. If I set picture style in movie mode to the new "Video X" picture style and then switch to AV mode, the picture style will be on Video X.

Anybody know what I mean? On the 60D if I have movie mode set to flat picture style it'll always be on flat picture style no matter what picture style I switch to for photo. Now I have to switch picture style for every time that I shoot videos. What I want is a different picture style for photo and video. It was like that in the previous cameras. The SL1 is different now.

GuardianFlash's gear list:GuardianFlash's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow