needmoretoys
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: Still in stock at Costco.com for $449 with accessory bundle
In reply to Effzeeone, May 15, 2013

Effzeeone wrote:

jocoyn wrote:

Effzeeone wrote:

........., but on the other hand, Amazon (especially if you're a Prime member) should price match.  On yet another other hand, someone will end up getting a nicely discounted "open box" camera that's in like-new condition..........

Have you checked your credit card company to see if THEY do?  Mine will for 90 days. Of course now its a moot point. You got the match but are going to have to pay to return and for that money should insure and track.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, my CC doesn't price match.  I think my Costco American Express card would.

Amazon said that "Since the reason for the return is not the fault of Amazon, a $8 return shipping fee will be deducted from your refund".  Well, again, as a member of Amazon Prime, I don't think I should have to pay return shipping, and I told them so.  Also, I do consider this return to be their fault because they won't retroactively price match for an existing customer (even a Prime member), but yet when they get notification from a customer like me that it is sold cheaper elsewhere, they lower the price for future customers to match the legitimate competitor's price.  They agreed with me, and they're paying for my return shipping, too.

Unfortunately, unlike with Amazon with my Costco purchase I have to pay tax, which puts the price pretty close to Amazon's, but I'm still getting a free memory card and camera case, and at least Costco offers 30-day price protection.

I don't think that Amazon lowered the price to $448 in response to your notification. Panasonic and B&H had the price at $600, while Amazon had the price fluctuating between $479 and $498. Panasonic then instituted a $100 price reduction, good until May 11. On May 12 they extended it another week. It was when Panasonic reduced the price to $500 that B&H reduced their price to $500 and Amazon reduced their price to $448. Amazon reduced the price to continue to undersell Panasonic, B&H, Adorama, etc. Another vendor reduced their price to $428, but they get pretty low ratings on resellerratings.com. Believe me, Amazon doesn't need you to tell them that Costco is selling the camera for a certain price.

needmoretoys's gear list:needmoretoys's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow