Windows 8 shocker

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
1w12q312qw1
Contributing MemberPosts: 717
Like?
Re: You're making my point
In reply to dradam, 11 months ago

The setup wizard is already mind numbingly simple and I honestly can't imagine an OEM "simplifying" it more by removing basic options (and, I honestly can't imagine that Microsoft would even allow them to do this).

For most every complaint about Windows 8 UI operation I see around here there is usually a very simple, straight forward solution (usually 2 or 3 of them) yet people seem completely unwilling to spend even minimal effort looking for or trying them.  I don't know if this is from some gut reaction to the new that makes peoples brains just shut down, if people actually WANT it to be harder just so they can have more ammo to backup their hatred of Windows 8, or if I am severely over estimating peoples computer abilities.

You know, people would take you a little more seriously if you cut out the condescending attitude towards other forumers in most of your posts. You are "overestimating peoples computer abilities"????? What a pompass-a$$ thing to say to someone. And I don't care what kind of background you have, you are probably an "educated" idiot judging by your handle. You must belong to MENSA and your waste smells like lilacs, right?

Windows 8 was/is a disaster, it has ZERO curb-appeal, might be OK once you're inside, but as others have said, ones first reaction to something new is everything. There are TONS of computer-savvy experts in the media who say MS really shot themselves in the foot with 8, so all of these people must be maroons, too, according to you!

Tell me DrAdam - why in the heck is MS fixing and/or reinventing Windows 8 if it is as grande a UI as you say it is? Are they just doing it to pass the time of day? Are they doing it because 99% of computer users are low-IQ hacks as you state so categorically?

I'm sorry folks, I just can't stand condescension from anyone and this guy's posts are constantly putting down anyone who doesn't agree with him. He probably has a bunch of meaningless letters after his name and this allows him to look down upon us peons.

Have a nice day.

Stan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow