Started May 14, 2013 | Questions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,306
Like?
Re: Starting fine art printing with Epson Stylus Pro 7890.. or 9890
In reply to faith_ps, May 15, 2013

faith_ps wrote:

Hi All,

I want to own a larger format printer that I can use at home. With extensive portfolios of photos, I'd like to print them at least A2 sizes. Also who knows I can start a soho business on digital fine art printing here in my town.

For A2. I would strongly suggest looking at the Epson 3880.

The question is... Is Epson Stylus Pro 7890 a good one to start with or should I go straight right up with the 9890. I'll be working alone on my own. So operation has to be as easy and convenient as possible.

Do you really want 44 inch prints; just stocking 44 inch rolls, in a reasonable selection of papers, will double the cost of the printer.

Also I'd like to know if there is any website or anyone who is kind enough to share the cost per print so that I can calculate the cost & selling prices. I know it will be hard to have big profit cause its a new start. But hoping to make it in this small business.

Look at the Red River paper site, it has estimated ink costs for several printers.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow