why not f/1.2 by Sony?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
S3ZAi
Contributing MemberPosts: 732Gear list
Like?
Re: why not f/1.2 by Sony?
In reply to Jim Parsons, May 15, 2013

Jim Parsons wrote:

The SEL1018 sells @ $850 because nobody else makes anything that wide and more people shoot wide than shoot f/1.2.

-- hide signature --

Jim Parsons

Well, there is the samyang 8mm, not af or zoom, but even wider than the sel10-18 and quite cheap. If you were, like me, only shooting wide every now and then, that one would suffice. Especially when that wide almost everything is in focus, so you really don't need af.

Anyway, I wonder if the op, who has mostly been posting at the sony alpha forum, was just having fun with us. He doesn't seem to be a nex user or owner. Not until now anyway. Perhaps considering to become one?

I think that with a possible sigma 1.4 lens on the horizon, we will see faster lenses eventually, and have more choice, just not very soon. At least it's not on the official sony roadmap until the end of 2014 I believe. I actually don't mind if sony would push a faster lens even further into the future and would work on the long prime to perfect that one, hopefully it would be something like 85mm 2, or a tad faster 1.8, if we are allowed to ask for that, with oss. That would make the system more complete than a faster short prime.

S3ZAi's gear list:S3ZAi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
@OPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow