"I'm not sure I get it" - no I don't believe you do

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Max Archer
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Re: "I'm not sure I get it" - no I don't believe you do
In reply to g_r_w, 11 months ago

I'm a little amazed at just how worked up people get about VF vs LCD. I'm as far from a P&S/Cameraphone upgrader as it gets, since I learned with MF and then AF film SLRs, and then have been shooting DSLRs almost since the beginning of the line and now use a pro body with a nice big viewfinder that is super-comfortable to shoot with, even with glasses on, and shoot through it almost every day, sometimes for many hours straight when shooting sports. When I use my ยต4/3 body, though, I have no problem shooting with the LCD, and in fact I kind of like the "casual" feeling of shooting that way as a break from having a big heavy SLR to my eye all day. An LCD finder would be nice and maybe I'll buy one eventually, but it's not something I've ever really felt like I couldn't live without, and the built-in ones I've tried still feel artificial enough that I'm not sure I'd really choose them over the rear LCD except in specific situations where they have a clear edge. (Harsh lighting, tracking motion, etc.)

So I understand the arguments for an EVF, but I just wanted to make it clear that there are many of us who are anything but "kids who've never used a real camera" that don't mind composing with an LCD on a camera like this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow