Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Barry Margolius
Senior MemberPosts: 1,593
Like?
Re: More of a, would I buy, if I needed it to begin with.
In reply to frank-in-toronto, May 14, 2013

frank-in-toronto wrote:

Marcin 3M wrote:

..., as starting with lr3 I've decided to make this software the main solution for archive managing. And now I'm in a point that allows me to jump into another program, because I'm not ready to accept paying for the CC for the rest of my life to posses the access to my database - if I have any reasonable choice.
-- hide signature --

Marcin_3M

the idea of making any piece of software your "lifetime" solution sounds bad to me.  i use LR4 also but i use directory structure to organize too.  if LR were to disappear, i am hopeful another s/w will allow importing of filenames and tags and whatever.  $10 a month is a pretty good price given new versions are released yearly anyway.  in fact, i might even be more in favour of paying a monthly fee vs a larger outlay all at once.

I would agree with you except that I don't like the idea that they will take it away from you if you stop paying.  You never have the option of saying "I no longer need to stay current.  I think I'll stop paying and stick with what I have."  Needs change and interests change, but this CC policy doesn't allow for that.

-barry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow