Poll Will You buy LR5 knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 44,085Gear list
Like?
Re: Why are you lying?
In reply to Marcin 3M, May 14, 2013

Marcin 3M wrote:

Whow, "why lying"? Strong words...

No I'm not lying. I'm guessing.

Are you aware that "knowing that next LR will be available through cloud only" is not the same as "guessing that next LR will be available through cloud only"?  If you don't, you're an idiot, if you do, then you were lying.  Take your pick.

But read this:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1165564/creative_suite_6_or_creative_cloud_which_one_is_best_for_you_.html

“We will continue to offer Creative Suite, just like the past, and Creative Cloud, at the same time," said Morris [Scott Morris, senior marketing director of Adobe's creative pro business].

Great - the same guy that got it wrong about LR in the DPReview interview.

"People can buy CS6 as a perpetual license the way they always have—not tied into the cloud. Or they can move to Creative Cloud, and that will be subscription-based and component-based. If they do that, they will get all of the CS6 apps as part of the membership plus a bunch of services that help tie all these things together and solve workflow challenges.”

Which is entirely true.

Will You name me a liar reading this?

You used the word "knowing" when you were really "guessing", so yes.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow