On putting money into 4:3 gear ...

Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Stacey_K
Stacey_K Veteran Member • Posts: 7,815
Re: Begging the Question

SirSeth wrote:

Also they seem to believe that a camera is not good anymore after a new camera comes along that feels newer. <snip> Of course they seem to believe that their individual desires represent what everyone wants...

And you seem to believe you know what other posters are thinking

Of course a camera is "still good" when a newer model comes out. The older one just has the same limitations it had when it was new.

Newer technology usually resolves a problem or limitation that some people find important. An example would be for instance faster AF or better CAF. For some people, that may never have felt like a limitation on their present camera so there is no reason to replace it. It's why I never felt the need to upgrade my E410 to a faster focusing olympus model. I've only posted the limitations I experienced with my older tech Olympus gear (sensor noise) and how the camera models with the newest tech sensors resolved this problem for me. I could care less what brand name is on the stuff I use

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow