dradam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,639
Like?
Re: You're making my point
In reply to digital ed, May 14, 2013

digital ed wrote:

malch wrote:

digital ed wrote:

You have a choice and can set up to log in with a normal name. Don't know what the problem is.

Well, my copy insisted on an email address. It refused to accept a normal name and gave me no other choices.

Now, if you say there's an option to use a normal name, I can accept that one exists. However, such options are fairly useless if they cannot be easily found by a user with 40 years of computer experience.

The system gave me no hint that any other option was available -- I'd say it implied otherwise. So I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking for one.

In any event, it's done now so if one of you geniuses would care to explain to this moron in nice easy steps, how to change my user name from "foobar@live.com" to "anonymouse" I'd be very grateful. It's pretty easy, right?

When creating an account choose "Sign in without a Microsoft account." On next screen choose "Local account." On next screen fill in name, password and password hint. That is all there is to it.

Oh, stop it you.

Clearly 40 years of computer experience has not prepared him for such complex tasks.  You should count yourself lucky that you were able to stumble through.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow