On putting money into 4:3 gear ...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,682Gear list
Like?
Re: Begging the Question
In reply to dougster1979, 11 months ago

dougster1979 wrote:

You`re probably right. I`ll leave you guys too it. I was being too judgemental, my point is if you don`t own any 4 3rds gear there are better alternatives.... if buying into a new system

Thanks for being honest. You do have a point about buying new from nothing. An E-5 + constant f2 zooms in a system that is probably morphing over to mirrorless has limited appeal to the majority. The D7100 or D600 has much wider appeal. Now, a very good E-7 DSLR could be very compelling competition--but we'll see about that. Personally, if I were buying new from scratch, the A77 and K5ii would be my short list and the problem with both for me is lenses. I'd like the new 80-400mm Nikkor, but it's too much money imo. The Sony is a better value. Since I really like my lenses, the E-5 is my short list rather than lose my lenses by shifting systems. I'm also keeping an eye on mirrorless micro4/3rds to use in conjunction with my lenses and DSLRs. I just bought an E-P3 for work and it's a cracking little camera for the low price of $379.

If buying used or if one has Zuiko glass they like, it's a totally different story.

Have a great afternoon,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
+1New
skeys MOD
Say,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow