why not f/1.2 by Sony?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
S3ZAi
Contributing MemberPosts: 732Gear list
Like?
Re: why not f/1.2 by Sony?
In reply to DtEW, May 14, 2013

DtEW wrote:

I'm just surprised that nobody has found all these "defensive" accusations insulting, esp. when it's been the lone "argument" (actually, an ad hominem) wielded against the majority's well-reasoned points in favor of practicality.  And now the claim that everyone is going to be hypocrites if these lenses come into existence?

I can tell you I started trying to answer this thread no less than twice, but then decided better.

It goes totally beyond any logic I know that a person would be insulted if some others are criticizing a company. What you do not understand is that we DO understand the well reasoned points in favor of practicality, also repeated ad nauseum. But in the real world practicality doesn't seem to be the only criterium people have. There seem to be many examples of this: people buying, for a lot of money, gigantic 85mm 1.2 lenses, being very happy with those? People inventing speedboosters, which even make the setup bigger and less practical than a single fast lens, buyers flocking to those speedboosters? Or is it that only sony owners (I also am a sony owner by the way) have exclusively this criterium of practicality? Does this make any sense to you at all?

S3ZAi's gear list:S3ZAi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
@OPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow