What's causing Canon so much trouble with APS-C sensors?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Don Richardson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,454Gear list
Like?
What's causing Canon so much trouble with APS-C sensors?
May 14, 2013

I'm not griping, I'm just curious and I know this has been talked to death but has Canon hit a hill they can't climb while upgrading the APS-C sensors. The 7D came out in 11/2009 with the 18mp sensor and 11/2010 with the 60D with the same 18mp sensor and nothing new in APS-C technology since. Up until the 7D Canon had upgraded sensors in the 20D - 4/04, 30D- 2/06, 40D -8/ 07, 50D -10/08, 7D -11/09 and 60D - 11/2010 with 7D sensor, then nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'm have no problem Canon or with my 60D at all but it seems everyone else is keeping with their normal progression for upgrades while Canon has hit a plateau at 18mp in 2009. Going from 22,18,13, mounts between new sensors to 30 months and running is quite a change.

Like I said, I'm curious as to what could be giving Canon so much trouble with the next APS-C sensor. Was it misjudgement on managements part or is there some technical hurtle they have not madet?

-- hide signature --
 Don Richardson's gear list:Don Richardson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Epson Artisan 835 +1 more
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow