My new Friend and it starts with a D

Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
net_walker
Contributing MemberPosts: 786
Like?
Re: My new Friend and it starts with a D
In reply to Cliff Fujii, May 14, 2013

Cliff Fujii wrote:

Since you are going to the EU you might want to pick up the Orient Express in Istanbul and take it to Paris.  From there you can go to Disney Paris and enjoy all that France and England have to offer.  If you want to go to Germany, you will have to back track a bit, maybe take a barge trip down the Rhine and visit the castles.  A Euro-Rail pass is a great thing to have.

I also have the 28-300 but I only use it if I need the 300mm.  There is some distortion in the lens similar to the 18-200 but it's fixable in post.  I recommend that you try shooting at ISO100 since that's where you get the 14 stops of dynamic range with the D800.  The 28-300 looks best at f/4-f/8 where f/5.6 being the sweet spot.

I think you will be able to work with the 50 f/1.4, 28-300, and the 16-35 very well.  My sister used to work for ARAMCO and she took her trip back to the US via Hong Kong (read shopping spree).

Good luck and have a great trip!

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Thanks Cliff, I am booked on a 2 week bus trip with a day either side in London.

I am thinking that I will need to use my Sigma 10-20 in DX mode but I can live with that for the trip.

Cheers...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow