Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,011Gear list
Like?
Re: Aperture without question....
In reply to sanmaj, 11 months ago

I agree.  And I think that Apple is working on a new "suite" of image cataloguing and editing stuff.  I believe we will soon see an iPad companion app for Aperture, along with a major update of Aperture and maybe iPhoto as well.

The only thing I ever need Photoshop for is in the rare cases where I need to do some layering or compositing.  But there are other stand alone editors that do that pretty much as well as Photoshop.  As a matter of fact, I can pretty much do what I need to do with OnOne's "Perfect Layers".  I have never liked the Pano processing, or HDR processing in Photoshop, preferring instead to use 3rd party software or plugins for this.  With Aperture, Plugins, and 3rd party software, I'm pretty much good to go.  I don't use any of the rest of the CS.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow