Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,011Gear list
Like?
Re: Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud
In reply to graybalanced, 11 months ago

graybalanced wrote:

Maybe not software in the traditional sense, but Apple has already started down that road long agop with iTunes Match. The reviews are that it is a great, convenient service, and I think it could be useful to me, but because it's an annual subscription just to listen to your own music, I've been reluctant to buy in.

The difference with iTunes Match is that it is a "value added" feature that doesn't lock up the way you use your current iPod, iPad, iPhone, or Computer with iTunes.  If you are subscribed to iTunes Match, you get the convenience of having your entire iTunes Library available to you anywhere you can stream music, on any device.  But you can drop the subscription at any time, and go back to where you were originally using manual syncing (or free wifi syncing) to use your iTunes Library.  Perhaps the Creative Cloud will work out to be a "value added" thing, but right now it's just "do it this way or don't do it at all" approach.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow