"I'm not sure I get it" - no I don't believe you do

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
GingerBread
Regular MemberPosts: 373Gear list
Like?
Re: who cares what he says?
In reply to GingerBread, May 14, 2013

A couple more quotes from Thom's E-M5 review:

If you happened to read my bythom site during DX Month last October, you know that I've faulted Nikon for making great cameras and then not backing them with enough good lenses. The E-M5 does not have that problem. Olympus knows how to make great lenses, especially those primes like the 12mm, 45mm, and 75mm set. Raw shooters are looking at maximizing all aspects of their data capture (that's what we digital photographers do: capture data), and the combination of a very good sensor that's highly optimized coupled with great lenses makes for a very good capture quality.

Right now, my choice for landscape work would go: E-M5, X-E1, NEX-7, in that order.

And from his article on what's in his m4/3rds bag:

I don't at all feel compromised in quality on anything...If there's something to be learned from this little glimpse inside my bag, it's this: you can put together a very competent m4/3 kit in a small protected space and the whole thing doesn't have to weigh a ton.

And from another article:

I've been shooting with m4/3 cameras for over two years now. From the beginning, I've found them functional, useful, and capable of all the image quality I need for many types of photography.

If you read that as the writing of a guy who is anti-everything but Nikon, then you've got a lot more bias than Thom.

-- hide signature --

Ging

GingerBread's gear list:GingerBread's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow