Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
sanmaj
Regular MemberPosts: 395
Like?
Re: Aperture without question....
In reply to Matt Shelton, May 14, 2013

If you a re a Apple MAC user I sometimes wonder why we are even discussing this. I think the best alternative if you don't want to subscribe to Adobe's creative cloud solution is to go with Aperture. Aperture is one os the best full throated DAMs and editing software solutions on a MAC platform (and I have tried them all). Although I have some misgivings relative to improvements I would like to see, I'm sure they will come in the future.

I am betting here that Apple 1) improves noise reduction, although I can use other 3rd pty plug-ins for that, 2) Adds Lens Correction (I use PT Lens to compensate) 3) Add a Graduated Filter similar to Lightroom and 4) Offer more than 1 external Application choice in the "Edit In" menu. I now also choose to use Photo Ninja as my main RAW conversion software from Aperture. With this scenario I currently do over 97% of my editing work right now. Aperture also fully supports a host of 3rd party plug-ins e.g. NIK, Topaz, OnOne, etc..I will maintain CS6 for some very limited work at times.

As far as I'm concerned it is end of story. No Adobe subscription for me and I am good to go!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow